Portable Space HeatersFebruary 22, 2013
Portable Space Heaters
On chillier days, you may decide to use a portable space heater for a little extra warmth. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind when using a portable space heater.
- Place the heater in a spot where people can’t trip or fall on them
- Always plug it directly into the outlet. Do not use extension cord or 3 in 1 adapters
- Make sure to keep all flammable items away from your heater (for example: paper, clothing, etc)
- Do not run cords under carpets or rugs because they may overheat and potentially catch fire.
- Make sure that the outlet you are using for the heater is not worn and that the plug fits in easily, because a fire can catch between the outlet and plug
- Do not use portable space heaters in the bathroom or any moist areas unless they are specified to be able to work with those environments.
- Always turn off your space heater if you are not using it