Buying or Selling Your Home? Rely on a Main Line ElectricianAugust 1, 2015
Buying or Selling Your Home? Rely on a Main Line Electrician
When buying or selling a home, you’ll want to make sure that everything on the property is in order. In an effort to do so, you should look out for warning signs which may indicate that a professional Main Line electrician is needed. We here at Wes Carver have compiled a list of these things:
- Damaged wires: Wire coverings can be damaged as a result of age, bending, corrosion, and heat. Be sure to check for any exposed wires in the home, as they can pose a high fire risk. If you find any, not to worry – a Main Line electrician will be able to fix them quickly and easily.
- Lights that shock you: Sometimes when there is a wiring problem in a home, it causes a shocking or tingling feeling when you turn the lights on or touch an appliance. If this occurs in the house that you’re buying or selling, be sure to have it checked out.
- Antiquated outlets: It’s important to keep electrical outlets up to date so that no one is shocked in the event of an electrical problem. If the house was built after 1970, it should have three-pronged outlets. If it was built after 1990, it should have three-pronged outlets with ground fault interrupters. If the house still has two-pronged outlets, they will need to be replaced by a licensed Main Line electrician.
- Dimming or flickering lights: Be sure to turn on a few lights when evaluating the home. If you notice flickering or dimming, it may be a sign of a bad circuit breaker or incorrect wiring.
- Buzzing: This is another indicator of faulty wiring or a bad circuit. Be sure to have it checked out as soon as possible.
Even if you don’t have any of these issues in the home that you’re buying or selling, it’s still smart to get an electrical safety inspection done. As the electrician Main Line residents depend on, Wes Carver offers two different types of safety checks:
- The Standard Electrical Safety Check: For just $149, we’ll check your electric meter and panel as well as your GFI protection, smoke detectors, basement wiring, and other basics. This is recommended for newer homes.
- The Premium Electrical Safety Check: This includes everything that the Standard Safety Check does, but it’s more thorough. For $295, we’ll inspect your entire home, including the attic and crawlspaces. This is the best choice for older homes and real estate certifications. It’s also good for people who’ve just moved into a new home.
Whether you’re selling your home or you’re looking to buy a new one, there are many ways that Wes Carver Electric can be of use to you. If you’d like to get in touch with our skilled electrician on the Main Line, dial 215-855-3340 or contact us on the web. We look forward to helping you with all of your electrical needs!