How to Choose the Right Backup Generator for Your HomeNovember 12, 2015
How to Choose the Right Backup Generator for Your Home
In case of an extended power outage due to a snowstorm, natural disaster or some other emergency situation, it’s a smart idea to have a Main Line backup generator. Not sure how to go about choosing the right one for your family’s needs? The friendly electrical experts here at Wes Carver Electric can help!
Here are a few important things to consider when selecting a backup generator on the Main Line:
- Type: Generators come in two different types – automatic and manual. While they are a higher initial investment, automatic generators are preferable for many families because they will start by themselves when needed. To ensure that everything stays in top working condition, these generators “self-exercise” by running a bit each week. On the other hand, manual generators require you to start the generator, plug it in and flip the switch when you want to use them. They tend to be very loud and suck up a lot of gasoline, but some people like them because they’re less expensive than automatic generators.
- Size: It’s essential to make sure that your generator can provide the amount of electricity your family will need in the event of an outage. For assistance in determining the ideal generator size for you, feel free to contact Wes Carver.
- Location in Your Home: Where, oh where, should my generator go? Depending on the building codes for your neighborhood, the answer will vary. Get in touch with an official from your township or city to find out.
In addition to these factors, you should also think about what type of fuel your backup generator will require. Before purchasing a specific type of generator, it’s important to make sure the fuel needed to run it is readily available where you live.
Contact Wes Carver Electric Today!
Now that you’ve familiarized yourself with the Main Line backup generator selection process, it’s time to have your perfect generator installed by Wes Carver! Since 1999, we’ve been known as the superior electrical contractor in Montgomery and Bucks counties. When you choose us to complete your Main Line backup generator installation, we’ll come to your home for a free initial consultation. After that, we’ll assist you through every step of the generator selection/installation process!
If you’re ready to learn more about our generator installation services or to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced contractors, call 215-855-3340 now. And for some great electrical safety tips, check out our blog. We look forward to showing you why we’re known as the contractor for backup generators Main Line families can depend on!
Fast Service Request
Explore Our Services
Why Choose Us
- Locally owned & operated since 1999
- Service guarantee on all work
- Technician Seal of Saftey Compliant
- Serving Bucks & Montgomery County
- Straightforward Pricing