The Benefits of Hidden OutletsDecember 18, 2015
Photo Credit: State Farm
Outlets are everywhere. But not always where you need them.
It’s the holiday season, which means some of you are probably using even more outlets than usual. Your Christmas tree looks lovely, and you’ve arranged those lights so artfully! Just don’t look down, or you’ll see bulky extension cords and wires strewn across the length of your living room floor — to reach that one inconvenient outlet in the corner. Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us…
They’re not the most attractive or stylish devices in your household, that’s for sure. But outlets are a necessity! They’re needed for daily living and functionality. They keep your home running smoothly. But is there something we can do to make them a little less…unsightly? We wouldn’t be talking about the woes of outlets if we didn’t have a solution for you!
There are ways to make these outlets less obtrusive, such as: installing outlets in baseboards, purchasing snap-on screwless wallplates, and using floor-mounted outlets. A floor receptacle would be perfect underneath your Christmas tree.
What makes hidden outlets so appealing?
- Uncluttered spaces. For the neat freak. You can install hidden, pop up outlets anywhere you need them most to avoid a chaos of cords. A floor outlet allows you to store it away when you’re not using it.
- Presentation. For the style-savvy. Your outlets can blend into their surroundings — some can even do away with wallplates entirely. That would mean that the only visible elements are the small circular outlets and switches. Camouflage at its finest!
- Safety and savings. For the wise and vigilant. You can choose automatic outlets that turn off on their own, which can prevent electrical fires and save on energy.
But I’m not planning a home remodeling project. That’s okay! A floor outlet can be installed at any time, as long as you have a wooden or concrete subfloor.
If you’re interested in learning more about hidden outlets, the installation process, or our general wiring services, give us a call at (215) 855-3340. As your trusted Bucks County electrician, we love providing our clients with ideas that will make their everyday lives easier, safer, and undeniably better.
Happy New Year, friends!
Fast Service Request
Explore Our Services
Why Choose Us
- Locally owned & operated since 1999
- Service guarantee on all work
- Technician Seal of Saftey Compliant
- Serving Bucks & Montgomery County
- Straightforward Pricing