All About Landscape Lighting and 3 Benefits of Installing ItMay 2, 2019
It’s finally spring! Time to throw open those windows and take a walk around the yard, imagining what the space could soon look like with a little tender loving care.
Along with cutting the lawn, trimming the bushes, and getting the patio buffed up and ready for entertaining, why not consider taking your outdoor aesthetic to the next level by installing landscape lighting in your yard? You’ll be amazed at what a little illumination can do to transform a home from beautiful to breathtaking, and the Bucks County, PA, electricians at Wes Carver Electric can help!
What is Landscape Lighting?
Landscape lighting is exactly what it sounds like: working lighting fixtures creatively into the landscape.
That could mean spotlights or up lights strategically placed around a home’s exterior to create a warm glow. It could mean path lights lining a walkway along with deck or step lights that are both practical and decorative.
Landscape lighting adds a touch of style to a house and its surrounding yard while creating a cozy environment for residents and guests.
What Are The Benefits of Landscape Lighting?
Wes Carver Electric installs striking landscape lighting designs that are convenient to use, easy to maintain, and add a great deal of curb appeal to a home – but that’s not all. Landscape lighting serves several more pragmatic purposes, including:
- Safety – Put simply: People can’t see where they’re going in the dark. Lighting a pathway, deck, or steps allows you and anyone who visits you to enjoy the outdoors without risking a trip-and-fall accident.
- Security – Light is a sign of life in a house and adding exterior lighting can be an effective deterrent for would-be burglars.
- Value – A well-installed and maintained landscape lighting project will make your home more attractive to the eye and to potential buyers when it comes time to sell.
Landscape Lighting Maintenance
If you have older landscape lighting fixtures, it’s important to take care of them. Remember, outdoor light fixtures and wiring will be exposed to regular fluctuations in temperature and moisture, not to mention forces of nature such as the growth of grass, trees, and other plants.
- Be on the lookout for exposed wiring, cracks in light fixtures, etc., and either repair them or call your friendly neighborhood electricians
- Clean the fixtures regularly
- Replace bulbs when necessary
- Keep the foliage in the yard trimmed
In recent years, landscape lighting has become extremely low-maintenance, and that’s particularly true for the equipment we install here at Wes Carver Electric. Modern landscape lighting allows a homeowner to change lighting colors and dim or brighten the lights – all on a mobile phone!
Although small-scale landscape lighting installation and maintenance can be a DIY project for an ambitious homeowner, when dealing with electricity, it’s always a good idea to hire a professional. Wes Carver Electric is a cut above the competition when it comes to landscape lighting projects. In fact, some of our work was even featured in House & Home Magazine.
Watch this quick video for a peek at some of our projects.
Now that you’re in the mood for exterior illumination, call us to discuss your vision. The friendliest team of electricians in the Montgomery County, PA, area is ready to make that vision a reality!