Electrical Panel Installation & Replacement in Lansdale, PA
While electrical panels may work for years, they have finite lifespans. If you’re building a new home or renovating an existing one, hiring an electrician is the best way to get an electrical panel installed safely. At Wes Carver Electric, our expert team can provide electrical panel replacement to improve the safety and functionality of your home in Lansdale, PA.
To find out if it’s time for an electrical panel upgrade, call us at (267) 498-9009 or visit our contact us page to schedule an appointment.
How Electrical Panels Work
Electrical panels serve a vital purpose: they control the flow of current to a home’s fixtures and appliances. Outside power lines are connected to exterior meters, while a line runs from the meter to an electrical panel in the basement, garage, or storage room.
Your home’s main electrical panel consists of rows of circuit breaker switches, which distribute power from the main line into smaller feeder lines. Some switches come in pairs because they power air conditioners, dryers, and other power-hungry appliances. Inside the panel door, you’ll find a label mapping the location of outlets and appliances, information on system capacity, and a main breaker that cuts power system-wide.
How to Tell If You Need An Electrical Panel Replacement
Most electrical panel malfunctions arise when circuits become overloaded. Flickering lights, appliance power issues, and tripping breakers indicate panel problems. If a breaker does not trip when it should, the risk of fire and shock increases. Avoid the risk and protect your property by scheduling an electrical panel upgrade with us.
Determining the Need for an Electrical Panel Upgrade
Like other crucial systems in Lansdale homes, electrical panels need occasional checkups. Here are a few signs to look for when determining the need for electrical panel replacement.
- Advanced age: If your panel is over 25 years old, it may be time for a circuit breaker panel replacement.
- Excessive noise: Crackling sounds are a sign of deterioration.
- Warmth: If the main electrical panel feels warm to the touch, it should be replaced.
- Appliance issues: If appliances are underpowered, an electrical panel replacement or the addition of an electrical sub-panel may solve the problem.
- Extension cords: When homeowners rely on extension cords, they typically need new electrical panels.
- Inadequate service: Homes with 60-amp or 100-amp service may need wiring and panel upgrades to meet today’s power demands.
If you notice any warning signs, take prompt action to reduce the risk of electrical fires, shock, and property damage. Call the professionals at Wes Carver Electric to schedule an electrical panel replacement in Lansdale, PA.
Look Out for Faulty Electrical Panels
Home electrical panels are more likely to have defects if they are more than two decades old. While panels from that era often had design flaws, those installed during the 1990s are considered safe. Contact Wes Carver Electric for an electrical service panel replacement if you have:
- A Federal Pacific Electric panel: The Consumer Product Safety Commission has classified FPE panels as safety defects warranting upgrades. These electrical panels, installed in homes from the 1950s through the 1980s, have manufacturing and design defects that increase the risk of shock and fire.
- A Zinsco panel: These panels became unavailable in the 1970s because their design defect allowed the current to flow when breakers were off. Zinsco panels pose a severe shock hazard, and an immediate electrical panel replacement is the only option.
- A fuse box: Fuse boxes are the precursors to modern electrical panels, but they cannot meet today’s power demands. While a home may require 200 amps or more, the average fuse box can handle 60 amps at the most. If you use a fuse box, call for a wiring assessment and a circuit breaker panel replacement.
We’re here to make Lansdale homes safer places to be. Call or click to schedule an electrical panel installation.
Should I Repair or Replace My Electrical Panel?
In some cases, it is possible to repair existing electrical panels instead of performing upgrades. During a detailed inspection of your home’s electrical system, our team will determine whether your panel is repairable. The most common repairs include:
- Breaker replacement
- Breaker upgrades and installation
- Bus bar installation
- Electrical sub-panel installation
Schedule Your Electrical Panel Replacement With Wes Carver Electric
Reach out to Wes Carver Electric to schedule an electrical inspection or an electrical service panel replacement. We will measure each circuit’s power consumption and check the panel for safety. If the panel needs an upgrade, our electrical panel replacement services are guaranteed to exceed local and state requirements. With help from our team, you can keep your home and family safe.
Contact us online or call (267) 498-9009 to request additional information or to schedule an electrical panel replacement in Lansdale.
Fast Service Request
Explore Our Services
Why Choose Us
- Locally owned & operated since 1999
- Service guarantee on all work
- Technician Seal of Safety Compliant
- Serving Bucks & Montgomery County
- Straightforward Pricing