Electrical Service Upgrade in Lansdale, PA
Electrical problems in a home or business are more than bothersome; they can also be dangerous. A malfunctioning outlet, switch, or fixture can deliver a severe shock, causing serious injury or death. When powered appliances and fixtures need attention, we’re here to provide electrical service upgrades in Lansdale, PA.
What Is a Service Change or Electrical Upgrade?
Service changes and upgrades are more than electrical panel modifications. Wes Carver Electric’s team members will replace every part of your home or commercial building’s service during an electrical panel upgrade, including:
- Panels and breaker boxes
- Feeder wires
- Wiring between the electrical panel and the meter
Lansdale’s utilities own the electric meters outside local homes and businesses, so our electricians will use their existing hardware. We offer a 100% guarantee on parts and labor, so you can schedule electrical upgrade service confidently.
Does Your Home or Commercial Building Meet Your Power Needs?
Many of Lansdale’s older homes and industrial buildings still use 60-amp service, and in many cases, there are only a few breakers or fuses protecting an entire system. These outdated electrical systems cannot support today’s power-hungry lighting, appliances, and electronic devices.
Newer properties typically have 100-amp panels, which meet the minimum requirements set forth by many states. These new electrical systems may not be powerful enough for today’s users, but a 150- or 200-amp electrical panel upgrade will power your life now and in the future.
Our certified electricians will inspect your property’s service, upgrade it, and add circuits to support:
- Electric fireplaces
- Hot tubs
- Electrical outlet upgrade projects
- Circuit breakers
Call or click to schedule an electrical update consultation with one of our local electricians.
Signs That It’s Time for an Electrical Service Upgrade
While electrical systems can’t talk, they show signs when things go wrong. Call for a service upgrade if you notice:
- Discolored outlets and burning smells: An overloaded electrical system will get very hot, producing a fishy burning odor as wires overheat. The damage can extend outward, turning the outlet covers a burnt brown color. If your outlets are scorched, or there’s a burning smell you can’t quite put your finger on, call us for an electrical service upgrade.
- Excessive use of power strips: Homes and commercial buildings have a certain number of outlets for a reason. If you’re relying on power strips and extension cords, you’re likely giving the electrical system more than it can handle. Call to schedule an electrical outlet upgrade.
- Circuit breakers that trip frequently: Breakers cut power to overloaded circuits, and recurring problems point to issues. If your breakers trip often, it’s time for an electrical service upgrade.
- Flickering lights: When a home or commercial building’s lights flicker as devices are used, those appliances are drawing more power than the system provides. An electrical switch update will keep your lights on for good.
If you’ve noticed one or more of the above signs, consider scheduling a service upgrade with us. Call or click to set up an electrical panel upgrade consultation with one of our licensed electricians. We want to show you how safe new electrical systems can be.
What to Expect During a Service Upgrade
Although we strive to make the electrical switch update process as simple as possible, we still want to let our customers know what to expect. First, we’ll discuss your needs and determine how many circuits and panels are required. Then, we’ll obtain the necessary permits.
Before we get to work, we’ll turn off the main power supply. After we’ve ensured that there’s no current flowing through the building’s wiring, we’ll upgrade or install the ground system under the panel. Next, we’ll install a new panel, add circuits, and rewire rooms if needed. After we’ve finished and inspected our work, we’ll flip the switch and turn the power back on.
When you call us for service upgrades, you won’t have to deal with flickering lights, burned outlets, tripping breakers, and other problems. Get in touch with us to learn how easy it is to upgrade your home or commercial building’s electrical service.
Call to Update the Electrical System in Your Lansdale Home
Electricity is a convenience that most people take for granted, but it can create big problems when things go wrong. Make the best choice for your property and safety by calling the licensed electricians at Wes Carver Electric. We take great pride in offering one of the area’s widest selections of electrical services, and we’d like to count you among our satisfied customers. Count on us for emergency service 24 hours a day, seven days a week, or schedule regular electrical inspections with us.
No matter what your needs may be, we can meet them. Learn more about our company and electrical service upgrades by contacting us online or calling (267) 498-9009 to schedule an electrical service upgrade.