Save Energy This Daylight Saving Time with Timers for LightsMarch 9, 2016
We know all of you Philadelphia-area residents are getting excited for spring! Though this winter hasn’t proven too bad (with the exception of that one February blizzard), we can’t help but look forward to longer days and warmer temps.
One of the great things about spring is the energy savings. As any homeowner can tell you, both winter and summer present their energy-saving challenges. At both times of year, the HVAC systems are blasting to keep the indoor climate livable.
But like fall, spring presents the opportunity to turn off the HVAC system completely as the daily temps hold steady at 60 to 70 degrees. So, want to save even more energy this spring?
One way you can make your home even more sustainable this Daylight Saving Time is to install timers for your lights. Here are some ways interior lighting controls can really help with energy-efficiency, affordability, and convenience:
- Timers for lights come with numerous programming options. Our lighting control systems are flexible. Install light timers for one section of the home – or for every single lighting fixture. You can also start with as few as three zones of light and expand the system as you desire. Because of this flexibility, you can create a system that works for you and that you’re more likely to use to shut off your lights when you’re not using them.
- Installing timers for lights gives you a chance to switch to energy-efficient LED bulbs. If your home is still lit by incandescent bulbs, installing lighting controls is a great opportunity to swap those out for super efficient LED bulbs. The energy savings may seem small, but they’ll build up month to month – and since the bulbs last longer, you’ll save on replacement costs. Our Montgomery County electricians would be happy to help you determine the best energy-efficient bulbs for your interior lighting.
- You can use an app to control your light timers. Wes Carver Electric is a Preferred System Provider of Lutron products, which offer the very best in lighting controls. What’s great about Lutron products is they allow you to access your lights from your iPhone, iPad, or Android – no matter where you are. Save energy by controlling your lights while you’re away from home with an extremely convenient app.
The Montgomery and Bucks County electricians at Wes Carver Electric are always training in the latest lighting controls. In addition, we love designing beautiful interior lighting installations! Just look at our family room lighting installation in the video below.
Contact us today by calling (215) 855-3340 or filling out our simple online contact form. We look forward to getting your home equipped with the state-of-the-art lighting controls in time for spring.
Fast Service Request
Explore Our Services
Why Choose Us
- Locally owned & operated since 1999
- Service guarantee on all work
- Technician Seal of Saftey Compliant
- Serving Bucks & Montgomery County
- Straightforward Pricing